Compressed air service engineer
Compressed Air Service Engineer wanted! We're expanding, come join us!
With a host of new compressor service contracts to maintain in 2021, we need another qualified compressor engineer. Could it be you?
Location: Ideally located in Scotland Central Belt
Salary: Negotiable DoE + Company Van and Benefits
The Compressed Air Service Engineer will report to the Service Manager and deliver a first rate compressed air engineering service to customers throughout Scotland, providing advice, diagnostics, routine maintenance and emergency help whenever/wherever needed. The Service Engineer will act as an
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance of compressed air systems and blowers
- Perform emergency breakdown fault finding and repair
- Install and commission air compressors, blowers and associated ancillary equipment
- Complete service reports, timesheets and recommendations in a timely manner
- Recommend additional work that assists the customers and enhances performance
- Maintain good professional working relationships with all existing customers and help with development of new customers
- Comply with both customer health and safety environmental procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical/electronical qualification essential
- Previous experience working on industrial compressed air systems and blowers
- Previous experience in field based role is essential
- Able to work overtime as required with some occasional nights away
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Desire to provide high quality workmanship
The Compressed Air Service Engineer will also be willing to learn Variable Speed Drive –
- Fault Finding & Repair
The successful candidate will be trained on the above thru dedicated training courses in the classroom, online, workshop and onsite supporting an existing team of 6 VSD Service Engineers.
A basic Electrical knowledge is essential.
EDC are the Scottish Authorised Value Provider for the Global market leader for VSD’s ABB.
An ambassador for the company on-site. To cover customer sites in Scotland.